Hello sewing-lovahs! Been a bit of a break as I got sick like the puppy, but I am back and mildly raring to go (antibiotics suck the life outta you, don’t they). Here I present to you another franken-dress: the bodice is from Simplicity 1873, the sleeves are self-drafted using a Topshop dress I like, and the shirt is self-pleated using my own new technique (Which I will do a tutorial on this weekend). Let me tell you, pleating without a pattern and getting everything to match was an… interesting experience, one I could have avoided with some maths. But I don’t like maths. And this way it was a voyage of discovery. *cough*.
The fabric is a dark floral- so 90’s! in a drapey rayon, lined with some sort of crinkly soft cotton I-don’t-know-what. In the photos the lining is peeking above the neckline, which it suddenly started doing halfway through the second wear- I did stabilise the neckline so I’m not sure if this is an ironing issue, a stay-stitching failure or just how it was washed.